CBD; To Vape or Ingest? Although different from THC comes from the same plant; marijuana. THC is the psychoactive cannabinoid found in marijuana. While CBD cannabinoid is known for its anxiolytic and anti-inflammatory properties. Cannabidiol, or as its better known as; CBD – is quickly becoming a well known agent for such relief from pain, fatigue, depression, inflammation and as well anxiety. Within ourselves is a system that naturally deals with pain and stress. This system is known as the endocannabinoid system, which naturally produces and reacts to cannabinoids. Which in the end, as stated before manages pain and stress.

CBD; To Vape or Ingest?

Comparable to endocannabinoids, CBD binds to the CB2 receptors located within the body. These CB2 receptors are especially common in the central nervous system. CB2 receptors, or otherwise known as 5-HT2A, are actually the same receptors that serotonin binds to as well. Serotonin as you may already know, is the chemical that has the ability to make us feel relaxed, happy and calm. That being said, because CBD has the ability to have such effects on the body. The important factor to take in, since Cannabidiol has such calming properties, is the method in which the CBD is taken. Henceforth the question at stake: CBD; To Vape or Ingest?

CBD; To Vape or Ingest? – Capsules & Gummies

To begin, CBD capsules and gummies are widely popular. This popularity is for a number of reasons. The first being that capsules and gummies are priced considerably lower than that of CBD oils and liquids. Obviously this price difference will influence many peoples decision on whether to vape or ingest the their CBD products. But how much CBD is really absorbed from ingesting and vaping CBD? Well for starters, when CBD is ingested, say with a capsule or gummy. Only a small percentage is actually absorbed thru the bloodstream. How much exactly? Only 15%, sadly leaving a whopping 85% to be “fast passed” by the liver.

CBD; To Vape or Ingest? – Vaping

Whereas when CBD is vaped, the inhaled CBD has a far better chance at entering and staying in the blood stream. Thus less CBD has the opportunity to be unfortunately wasted. The CBD can be vaped in a number of devices such as vape mod, pen or even in disposable models. This notable difference in CBD absorption can be the make or break in ones ability to manage their pain, stress, anxiety and even ones ability to regulate their sleep cycle.

Most compelling evidence is studies conducted in summer of 2017 found that 42% of test subjects given CBD were able to stop using pain medications and solely use CBD to manage their pain. Also notable is the fact that 80% of the 2500 test subjects state that taking CBD was either very or extremely effective at pain management. And lastly, more and more people will benefit from the incredible relief CBD can provide as research continues to grow and as well the fact the DEA has named CBD not to be subject to the US Controlled Substance Act. Meaning CBD and other non psychoactive cannabinoids may become more mainstream allowing people to naturally receive relief from pain and anxiety. So, CBD; To Vape or Ingest? The answer is vape!